This handmade banjo is built with an 11-inch cherry rim that is 3/8″ thick, with a matched cherry rim cap. The peghead is embedded with a vintage coal scrip coin from the E.C. Minter Coal Company in Rhodell, West Virginia. The integrated maple wood tone ring provides an old-timey sound without sacrificing power.
The “Healy” peghead shape is modeled after historic Lyon & Healy banjo designs from Chicago the late 1800s, This elegant silhouette is mirrored in the vintage peaked heel, with Richlite heel cap.
• Cherry neck and rim / Cherry rim cap / Integral maple tone ring
• Coal scrip coin inlay / “Healy” peghead design / Peaked heel
• Aged nickel Gotoh Planetary tuners with matched 5th string tuner
• Vintage style round bracket shoes with matching bolts and hooks
• Mortise and tenon style Richlite dowel stick brace / Richlite fingerboard & trim
• Handmade custom maple bridge / steel strings