This handmade banjo is built with an 11-inch cherry rim that is 3/8″ thick, with a contrasting Richlite rim cap. The ogee-shaped frailing scoop is embedded with an antique coin from Japan’s historic Edo Period, symbolizing the melding of western and eastern cultures. The fretted fingerboard includes railroad spikes at the seventh and ninth frets, allowing for rapid fifth string adjustments across various banjo tunings.
The “Americana” peghead shape is modeled after informal folk banjo designs from the late 1800s, with simple arced lines and minimal ornamentation. These arcs are mirrored in the vintage peaked heel, with Richlite heel cap.
• Cherry neck and rim / Richlite fingerboard & peghead veneer
• Antique Edo coin inlay / “Americana” peghead design / Peaked heel
• Integral maple tone ring / Richlite rim cap
• Aged brass Gotoh Planetary tuners with matched 5th string tuner
• Vintage style round bracket shoes with matching bolts and hooks
• Mortise and tenon style Richlite dowel stick brace
• Handmade custom maple bridge / Aquila Nylgut Red strings