This handmade fretless banjo is built with American black walnut, with simple lines and contours. The peghead shape is an “Americana” silhouette, with a bare minimum of ornamentation. The full fretless fingerboard allows for flexible playing styles for advanced players, and sports a generous frailing scoop at the base for over-the-neck action.
The peaked heel is adorned with a raw brass plate, stamped with the word, “freedom.”
• Walnut neck and rim / Matched walnut rim cap
• Peaked heel / Custom stamped brass heel cap
• Aged brass hardware / Vintage style round bracket shoes with matching bolts and hooks
• Rolled brass tone ring / Aged brass Gotoh Planetary tuners with matched 5th string tuner
• Natural goatskin head / Aquila Nylgut strings / Handmade custom maple bridge