This handmade fretless banjo is built with an 11-inch rim that is 3/8″ thick. The peghead sports a vintage 50-cent coal scrip coin from the historic Weyanoke Coal and Coke Company of Hiawatha, West Virginia. The fingerboard features a series of maple-filled “flush frets” at the base for over-the-neck playability.
The ornate “Professional” peghead shape is modeled after historic banjo designs from the late 1800s, complemented by a peaked heel design with contrasting heel cap.
• Cherry neck and rim / Contrasting fingerboard & peghead veneer
• Coal scrip coin inlay / “Professional” peghead design / Peaked style heel
• Aged nickel hardware / Integral maple tone ring
• Aged brass Gotoh Planetary tuners with matched 5th string tuner
• Vintage style round bracket shoes with matching bolts and hooks
• Handmade custom maple bridge