This handmade fretless banjo is built with an 11-inch rim that is 3/8″ thick. The peghead sports a vintage 25-cent coal scrip coin from the historic Weyanoke Coal and Coke Company of Hiawatha, West Virginia. The full fretless fingerboard allows for flexible playing styles for advanced players, and sports a generous frailing scoop at the base for over-the-neck action.
The “Fairbanks” peghead shape is modeled after historic A.C. Fairbanks banjo designs from Boston in the late 1800s, and the base of the neck is a modern interpretation of the classic Dobson heel.
• Cherry neck and rim / Richlite fingerboard & peghead veneer
• Coal scrip coin inlay / “Fairbanks” peghead design / Dobson style heel
• Aged brass hardware / Rolled brass tone ring
• Aged brass Gotoh Planetary tuners with matched 5th string tuner
• Vintage style round bracket shoes with matching bolts and hooks
• Mortise and tenon style Richlite dowel stick brace
• Handmade custom maple bridge